If you're looking for variety and Arya Vysya recipes, Archana Gupta has got you covered! With over 100's unique recipes in different styles, flavors, and cuisines to choose from, you'll never run out of options.
Ingredients for Kayi Bheem Idly:
Dosa rice – 1 cup/pav
Fresh coconut – ½
Badge chilly – 4
Small chilly – 6
Tamarind – ½ lemon size
Jaggery – 1 small spoon
Hing – ¼ spoon
Oil – ½ small cup
Soda – ¼ spoon
Chana dal – 3-4 spoons (Soak in water for 30 minutes)
How to prepare:
1. Wash dosa rice and soak it in water for 3 hours.
2. Remove the excess water in dosa rice and add freshly grated coconut, badge chilly, small red chilly, soaked and squeezed tamarind pulp, jaggery, salt as per taste and hing.
3. Grind all the above items in step 2 coarsely like idly batter. (add required water and make it like idly batter consistency)
4. Add ½ cup cooking oil and ¼ spoon cooking soda to the prepared batter and mix nicely. Allow it to rest for 30 minutes.(Adding oil and soda to the batter makes the idly soft)
5. Add soaked chana dal, and batter is ready.
6. Steam idly’s as usual.
Serve it hot with ghee for your snacks or dinner.