If you're looking for variety and Arya Vysya recipes, Archana Gupta has got you covered! With over 100's unique recipes in different styles, flavours, and cuisines to choose from, you'll never run out of options.
Rice - 1/2 glass
Toor dal - 1/2 glass
Beans - 100 grams
Carrot - 2
Potato - 2
Tomatoes - 3
Small onions - 1 cup
Red chilli Byadige - 8
Guntur chilli - 8
Dhania / coriander seeds - 4tbs
Channa dal - 1 tbs
Methi Seeds - 1/4 spoon
Clove - 1
Cinnamon - 3
Dry coconut grated - 2tbs
Ghee - 5 tbs
oil - 5 tbs
Jaggery - 2 tbs
Tamarind - one lemon size
Cashew - 10
How to prepare:
1. Dry roast dhania, red chillies (byadige and guntur), chenna dal, methi seeds, cinnamon, clove and grind add dry coconut at last and grind to a fine powder.
2. Soak tamarind in one small cup water for 15 minutes and keep the tamarind pulp ready.
3. Cook the rice as usual.
4. Cook the dal and veggies together and keep it ready.
5. Take a thick bottom vessel and add oil, ghee, mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing, cashew, add onions and fry till soft.
6. Mix grounded powder with tamarind juice and add and bring to boil.
7. Now add cooked dal and veggies, add salt, jaggery and bring to boil.
8. Later add cooked rice sufficient water as per consistency, coriander and bring to boil.
Tasty and flavourful Bisi Bele Bath is ready to serve. Add a tablespoon of ghee on top while serving.
Makes a perfect breakfast. Goes well with boondi, potato chips as well as curd raita.