If you're looking for variety and Arya Vysya recipes, Archana Gupta has got you covered! With over 100 unique recipes in different styles, flavors, and cuisines to choose from, you'll never run out of options.
Homemade Rava Idly
Medium/ Upma rava - 1/2 kg
Green chilli and ginger paste - 1 tbs
Chopped curry leaves - 1 tbs
Oil - 4 tbs
Chana dal -1 tbs
Cashew chopped 1 tbs...whole few for garnish
Chopped coriander - 1 cup
Fresh grated coconut - 1 cup
Curd - 1.5 cup
How to prepare :
1. Fry rava on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
2. Take a kadai - add oil , mustard , chana dal , curry leaves and fry for a minute. Then add green chillies, grated ginger, cashews and fry for minute. Add required salt and fried rava and mix all together and fry for 2 minutes. Rava idly mix is ready.
3. Take a bowl add 1 cup rava idly mix - add chopped coriander and grated coconut, add 1 cup curd and mix well.
4. Meanwhile switch on the stove, pre heat the cooker by adding water. After 5 minutes add half more cup of curd and 1/4 tbs soda to the rava idly batter and mix well.
5. Grease idly plates with ghee. Add cashew and little coriander and pour the rava idly batter and steam the idly's for 10-12 minutes.
Super soft fluffy Rava idly is ready to serve.
Tastes best with coconut chutney.