If you're looking for variety and Arya Vysya recipes, Archana Gupta has got you covered! With over 100's unique recipes in different styles, flavors, and cuisines to choose from, you'll never run out of options.
Ingredients for Pongal:
Dosa rice or normal rice – ¾ cup
Moong dal – ¼ cup
Salt as required
Turmeric – 1 Pinch
Mustard – ¼ spoon
Jeera – ¼ spoon (Slightly crushed) Pepper – ¼ spoon (Slightly crushed) Green chili – 4
Ginger – ½ inch grated
How to prepare :
1. Dry roast moong dal until it turns golden brown.
2. Wash the rice and moong dal together, add 4 measures of water, salt, a pinch of turmeric, and pressure cook for only 1 whistle.
3. Once done make the tempering with 4 spoons of ghee and add the above-mentioned tempering items one by one. Add it to the prepared rice mixture, stir well. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes. (Add water if required to your desired Pongal consistency).
And the super-easy Pongal is ready to serve. Serve it with tamarind gojju/chutney/raita and enjoy.
Ingredients for Tamarind Gojju:
Tamarind – 1 lemon size
Jaggery – 1 lemon size Salt as required
Mustard Jeera Green chili – 2-3
Ginger – ½ inch grated Sambhar or rasam powder – 1 spoon
Hing – 1 Pinch
Rice flour – 2 spoons
How to prepare:
1. Soak the tamarind and jaggery together for 15 minutes in half a cup of water.
2. Take a pan, add 2 spoons of oil add mustard, jeera, green chili, ginger, curry leaves. Add the soaked tamarind and jaggery water and boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 pinch of hing, ¼ spoon of turmeric, 1 spoon of sambhar powder, salt as per taste, and allow it to boil for 10 mins. Add one cup of water or as required.
4. Take half a cup of water and add 2 spoons of rice flour and mix it without lumps.(This is the secret ingredient that makes the water consistency thicker)
5. Add the rice flour water to the gojju to get a thick consistency. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes and the lip-smacking tamarind gojju is ready to serve with hot Pongal.